This service is recommended for students who require tailored, individual and comprehensive support during their transition to Edinburgh. This service includes:
- Local accommodation search – this will be done on your behalf in relation to your requirements and a shortlist of the most suitable accommodation in the most desirable areas will be sent to you.
- Inspections of properties – we can visit the properties you like from the short list on your behalf (or with you, depending on your circumstances). In your absence, photographs and videos can be taken and sent to you so that you can make a well-informed decision about where to live. (Please note that student lets often require 6 months rent in advance).
- Short Stay – we can provide information and assist you to book short let or hotel accommodation for a visit to Edinburgh or for your initial week before moving into your longer-term accommodation.
- Support to complete rental application – we can assist with the final paperwork for your selected property. We can assist you in completing the reference checks and ensure that negotiations with your landlord or estate agent go smoothly.
- Airport pick up – we can ensure that friendly, welcoming representative of student-relocations-edinburgh is waiting to meet you at the airport, whether you are ready to view your apartments or not. We can also pick you up the following day and take you to see your selected property/properties.
- Visa Advice – although we cannot in any way guarantee a visa to the UK, we are happy to discuss the process and offer guidance and support regarding the application.
- Airports and Travel – we are happy to recommend travel routes and dates. We can also advise on airlines and airport regulations as well as use contacts to ensure you get a good deal on flights. We can collect you from the airport and take you to your pre arranged accommodation and ensure you are safe and settled in the city.
- Utilities – once you have selected a property, we can help to ensure all utilities like water, gas and electricity are on and (if required) how to set up a payment scheme. We also advise and assist in dealing with local council tax and any other billable utilities.
- Wifi and Sim Cards – most of the universities in Edinburgh will offer you free wifi once you have matriculated but you will most likely require a SIM card for your mobile phone and WIFI in your home once you have moved in. We can advise on the best local companies and help you set up your connections.
- Other Advice – we are also able to offer advice on local healthcare facilities, how to register with a local GP, local schools and so on. We can also help you open a local bank account. With this package we are available to help with any other questions that may arise throughout your relocation to Edinburgh.
If you require any further information then please contact us.